SECRET KISS SWEET GLAM TINT GLOW VS. DIOR ADDICT LIPSTICK

I heard a lot of people said the secret kiss sweet glam tint glow is a dupe for the Dior addict lipstick. I happen to own both lipsticks so I decided to do a comparison between these two lipsticks and find out if they are a dupe or not. Please note that I'm not talking about color dupes but formula and product finish/texture dupes.

Secret Kiss Sweet Glam Tint Glow

Dior Addict Lipstick


Packaging
One of the main reason people think these are dupes are because they have very similar packaging designs. Dior's has a magnetic closure and the packaging is heavier and feels much more premium than secret kiss' packaging. 

Price
I got my secret kiss sweet glam tint glow from seller beautynetkorea on eBay for $8.01.
Dior Addict lipstick retails for $35 in the US.



Scent
Secret Kiss: It doesn't has any scent.Dior: has a villainy sweet scent. It is not overpowering and you can barely smell it once it is on the lips.

Secret Kiss Sweet Glam Tint Glow in Funky Pink

Dior Addict Lipstick in 780 Bold


Texture & Application
Secret Kiss: The lipstick goes on very smoothly and it has a very lightweight and almost gel-like texture. I almost feel like I'm not wearing anything on my lips.
Dior: It feels heavier than the secret kiss one and this one has a very buttery and balm like texture.

Finish
Both lipsticks have a glossy shine finish. The secret kiss one has a better color payoff than the Dior Addict lipstick and the Dior one is glossier.

Swatch of Secret Kiss Sweet Glam Tint Glow in Funky Pink

Dior Addict Lipstick in 780 Bold

PerformanceBoth of them are very moisturizing but none of them are long lasting lipsticks. Both lipsticks last on the lips for about 4 hours. However, the secret kiss one will stain your lip, so even after the lipstick wore off, there will still be color on the lips, which I like a lot.

Are they dupes for each other? I would say: NO, they are not dupes for each other. I think they are two completely different formulas and the texture of the products are quiet different as well.


Which one do I like better?
I have to say I like the secret kiss sweet glam tint glow better since it last longer on the lips (because it stains the lips) and it feels very light weight!

See more lipstick reviews here.


2 comments

  1. Such a nice. Om parison, I didn't know secret key had a lipstick similar to dior. The packaging is really knockoff, I first thought it was the dior one. It seems that it's really worth the cheap price, I will be on the look out for this secret key now.

    Nice blog and I like your layout :) ! Welcome in the AB blogging community

    Kbeauty.byMaya

    ReplyDelete