DAISO DETERGENT VS LIQUID BLENDERCLEANSER

Today I'm going to review the Daiso Detergent for Makeup Puff and Sponge and also compare it with Liquid Blendercleanser by Beauty Blender. I used 2 beauty blenders for 5 days each with similar products, so I can accurately test out both cleaners and find out which one works better.

Daiso Detergent for Makeup Puff and Sponge


Price

I got mine from eBay seller alphabeautyuk for $3.95 + $2.50 for shipping and you can get it from Amazon for around $7. It usually comes in 80 ml bottle, so in average, the price is about $0.08 per ml.

Scent

This product is fragrance free and has no scent at all.

Performance

Let's put it to the test! 
First, here are some before images of my dirty beauty blender. I used this beauty blender for five days, as you can see, there are many stains on it from my foundations and concealers. I used my Estee Lauder double wear foundation for one of the days and the stains from this foundation is usually really hard to get off.








I squeezed a dime size amount of the Daiso detergent on my dry beauty blender and then rubbed the detergent all over the sponge with a bit of water and then rinsed it thoroughly under running water.

Here are after images:


Wow! It got rid of all the stains and my beauty blender looks like new! I was really impressed and extremely satisfied with its performance.

Liquid Blendercleanser by Beauty Blender

Price

It is $18 for a 5 oz (150 ml) bottle in Sephora. So it is about $0.12 per ml.

Scent

This cleanser has a light lavender scent which will linger on your beauty blender after the wash as well. Personally, even the scent does't bother me but I do prefer to not have any scent.

Performance

Here is the before image. The same as the beauty blender I used to test the Daiso cleanser, I used this one for 5 days with similar products (including the double wear foundation I mentioned before). 


I used this cleaner basically the same way as the Daiso cleaner and here are the after images:



As you can see, it got rid of some of the stains but there are still some tough stains left on the blender.

Conclusion

Clearly, the Daiso detergent works better than the beauty blender liquid cleaner and it is cheaper as well. I will totally recommend it for cleaning beauty blender. 
However, I didn't test it on makeup brushes so I don't know how it will preform with makeup brushes.






No comments